MIC PREAMP-CHANNEL STRIP PROCESSOR 286S
The dbx® 286s is the ultimate solution for microphone processing for live sound, broadcast, and recording studio applications. The 286s is a direct replacement for the popular dbx 286A and offers the same exceptional sound quality, rugged reliability, and great value as the 286A; now with a new sleek, silver "titanium" dbx front panel and the latest electronic components that will keep it in production for years to come
The 286s is a full featured Channel Strip Processor that delivers a studio quality microphone/instrument preamplifier and four processors that can be used independently or in any combination. The sonically pristine dbx 286s Mic Preamp has all the features you need, including wide-ranging input gain control, switchable +48V phantom power, and an 80Hz high-pass filter to remove low frequency hum, rumble or wind. Use the patented dbx OverEasy® compressor to transparently smooth out uneven acoustic tracks or deliver that classic "in your face" vocal performance that only a dbx compressor can. Eliminate vocal sibilance and high frequency distortion with the frequency tunable De-Esser. Fine-tune the Enhancer HF Detail control to add sparkle and crispness to your tracks and make adjustments to the LF Detail control to add fullness and depth to vocals and bass instruments. And, the separate threshold and ratio controls on the Expander/Gate allow you to subtly reduce headphone leakage or radically gate noisy guitar amps.
The dbx 286s provides you with all the mic processing you need in one box, with the shortest, cleanest signal path to keep your music sounding its best!
- Studio quality Mic Preamp / Channel Strip Processor
- Classic dbx Compression puts great sound within easy reach
- Frequency tunable De-Esser reduces sibilance and high frequency distortion
- Enhancer increases the detail and definition of the high and low frequencies
- Program adaptive Expander/Gate
- Insert jack allows you to add an external processor
- Full compliment of meters and status LEDs
- +48V Phantom Power
- Precision detented controls